1 pot orzo with tomato sauce & calamari
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 400g chopped tomatoes in tin
- ½ cup basil leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon carob syrup or agave + ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 250g medium complete wheat orzo
- 1kg calamari rings ( 500gr chopped in 3 cm items and 500gr in rings)
- Salt pepper
- 2 cups scorching h2o
- 2-3 tablespoons basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a large cooking pot over medium-high heat.
- Incorporate the minced garlic and cook for a minute stirring with a picket spoon. Include the chopped tomatoes from the tin and stir. Insert fifty percent of the chopped basil, vinegar, carob, honey, onion powder & stir.
- Increase calamari pieces and rings, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Decrease warmth to medium. Stir in the orzo and cook dinner for a moment, stirring at times.
- Pour in the incredibly hot water little by minor stirring consistently with a picket spoon. The orzo will take up it immediately. It normally takes about 15 minutes for the orzo to cook dinner this way and come to be al dente. Not also delicate when you bite it. Add the relaxation of the chopped basil leaves.
- So, once you have stirred in all the water and the orzo has cooked to al dente, take the pot off the heat and enable stand for a couple of minutes. The a lot more orzo sits the much more it absorbs the sauce so never fear if the sauce will not glimpse as thick. It will get there even if it is really eliminated from the heat.
- Serve orzo with a lot of freshly floor pepper, drizzle with olive oil on best with basil leaves.
(Frequented 386 occasions, 5 visits nowadays)